The introduction of Elsa to our family could not have gone better. Minus the fact that both Rowan and Nadia are sick and we've had to restrict their exposure to her. The catch phrase seems to be "she's so CUTE!" Rowan and Nadia both think she's pretty adorable. Luckily Elsa's temperament has mellowed out a LOT since we've gotten home (she must of shared our feelings about the hospital) and we're all enjoying her sweet personality. The kids are fascinated with how she eats, poops, and farts. When Nadia first saw how the baby ate, she got really scared and said "I don't want her to bite me! I don't want her to bite you!" When I explained that that is how the baby gets milk, Nadia adamantly said "Only cows give milk!" We've since explained a lot about how breastfeeding works and hopefully she isn't too traumatized by the process.
Bless Aunt Chandra! I don't know how we would have gotten through this all without her. There are three adults and three kids and sometimes I feel like we are barely keeping up. We could not have managed without her. Rowan went through Chandy withdrawals when she went to the singles ward instead of our ward. It's going to be rough when she leaves and Steve goes back to work. Sometimes I wonder if it really was a good idea to have a baby during the summer while Rowan is out of school. Of course it hasn't helped that the kids have been sick and out of sorts. But for now we are doing fine because of her and I am so thankful for her willingness to help and how much my kids love her. After she leaves we have about 30 days until grandparents start to arrive. Not that I'll be counting down or anything. :)
In the meantime, we'll be taking advantage of the extra hands and be doing a lot of this...








3 comments:
I think she looks a lot like Steven and Nadia! We'll see if she looks like them as she grows, but I'm thinking your girls will look like their Daddy!
Cute videos!!! Loving the dual coughing off to the side. That is priceless. She is a cutie!!! Congrats Rachel, Steve, Nadia, and Rowan!!!!
aw! Love this little girl. And what a sweet little name. I love it! Congratulations to your little growing family!
Post a Comment