Sunday, June 24, 2012

Green Thumbs


We have been getting pretty country down here in SC.  Our garden has been inspiring us to can pickles, salsa, and make lots of other things with our abundant produce.  The corn on the cob has been exceptionally good!  I also got my wheat grinder that we bought in Idaho from my in laws, so I've been trying my hand at homemade wheat bread.  We're feeling pretty domestic around here these days.  I've been especially impressed with Steve and his dedication to his garden.  Who knew he was such a green thumb?!

Making pickles with Chandra









Needless to say, we've been enjoying having an early harvest!

With the good, comes the bad though.  While South Carolina allows for an excellent garden, our backyard becomes a jungle really easily if we don't stay on top of things.  There's a huge bush along one side of our fence that seems to have taken on a life of its own.  I think it's the only thing that keeps the fence from falling over, but it started to look poised to take over the house so Steve and the kids went out one day to test out our new-to-us hedge trimmers.


Rowan got the non-electric pair while Steve wielded the electric ones.  He only cut through the extension cord once!  :)

1 comment:

Janna said...

What a great garden! I'm jealous of your weather. We are in our first rain free week and I'm hoping my poor wikted tomato plants give me one tomato before season's end.