One year. One long and difficult year. Despite it all, almost every picture we have of Elsa, she is grinning ear to ear at the camera. That is who she is.
Elsa loves people and has a happy spirit about her. She loves her family and needs to be around them constantly- she is not one for solo play. She hates fruit and most food, with the exception for a deep and abiding love for meat. We went to Sam's Club the other day and they were giving away samples of jerky. She chewed on that for a good 20 minutes, refusing to give it up until I guess she finally was able to swallow it. She loves music and will dance with her brother and sister. If she's ever upset, I just need to take her outside and she'll immediately calm down. I love her so, and I'm so glad that this year is over!
I debated spending time and effort making a cake, but from our other experiences with sweet stuff, I knew Elsa wouldn't go for it. So we bought some cupcakes and called it good. She did not like it. At all.
She stuck her nose up at it. Or stuck it up her nose.
Maybe if I ignore it, it'll go away.
What if I display my disgust?
Show interest in another?
Oh delicious candle! Where have you been all my life?
I'm in love!
Wait, what? You don't approve of my choice?
Well, I don't like your choice! So there!
Enter peer pressure.
That didn't go over so well...
Fine, enjoy your candle.
At least the toy passed the taste test.
Love you my sweet little girl. Let's have a better year this time around, k?
No comments:
Post a Comment