Wednesday, April 30, 2014
It's a ...
I'm glad I'm not a gambler, because I have been wrong about every single baby's gender. Everyone in the family thought we were having a boy and I even had dreams about it, but no, we were surprised to find out we are having another girl. The ultrasound tech was pretty definitive, so there's not much of a chance of a surprise later on. We are happy and cautiously optimistic that this baby will be a little easier on us that Elsa was/is.
Rowan was being a bit dramatic. He dotes on Elsa more than anyone else in the family and is Nadia's best friend. If any little boy was meant to be surrounded by girls, it's Rowan. He is incredibly good with them.
At times I feel like Elsa gets a bad rap. We complain a lot about how crazy she is in comparison to our other kids and how she lacks caution. The other day she saw a dog running down the road and she took off to go join it. In my efforts to prevent her from getting run over, Nadia said "It's okay if she gets squashed because we're having another baby that can replace her." I'm pretty sure no one could replace Elsa. She's one of a kind. As she's gotten older and has improved in her health, we've gotten to see our high energy little girl's personality come out more. She is constantly entertaining us and making us laugh. I love hearing her little voice sing "Tinkle Tinkle Widdle Star" and say "I wuv you too!" It's been nice to see her cross into a happier side of the spectrum. I wouldn't trade her for anything and I know we'll feel the same about this new little one that is soon to join our family. Hopefully the baby will have a better first year than Elsa did!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment