I think I have a little performance anxiety when it comes to my kids. Rowan had his first piano recital this past week and I was nervous for him. Since September he's been taking lessons from a neighbor of Krystal's and he's really enjoyed them so far. He'd been practicing his songs a lot and we were proud that he went to the recital, even though he didn't want to.
He was pretty nervous, but he got through his numbers fairly well. For his first time playing in public, I thought he did great. When he first started playing "My Bonnie Lies Over the Ocean" I thought something had gone horribly wrong, but then I found out he was attempting to play the introduction which he had never done in practice before. Elsa tried to join him in the first number, crazy girl. She was also the most enthusiastic audience member. Every number was followed with a "YAY!" from her, which got increasingly grumpy sounding as the night wore on.
If there was any question that Rowan takes after his father...
He was happier about the experience when he saw the treats being served afterwards.
No comments:
Post a Comment