Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Negative Affirmations

Setting- Rowan and Mom listening to Primary Music

*Music Ends*

Rowan: I don't like that song

Mom: Yeah I'm not a big fan either

Rowan: Yeah you're a BIG girl!

Thanks kid. You're going to really hit it off with the ladies when you get older.
I know he meant I am big in comparison to him. But today is just one of those "big" days. Got to love the honesty of a child.

2 comments:

The Walch Family said...

As soon as I got pregnant and started to gain weight, one of my students at school (who, I have to admit, is innocent because she's a child and one with Autism no less) started telling me I was getting fat. It became a daily occurrence. Then it morphed into being told I was fat and then she would say very sadly, "I liked you better skinny." Ow.

Jackie said...

What a hoot! So didja laugh right off or pout? :)
Today I was out doing sidewalk chalk with my niece and I said "I'm going to lay down so you can trace me" to which she replied "I can't trace you, you're too big" and then a moment later "but I want to trace grandma..."
Sigh, I'm going to go eat a cookie to celebrate my "big"ness now!