Friday, April 11, 2008

Plastic Carpet? Brilliant!!


Well, maybe not so brilliant considering AstroTurf is essentially the same thing. Buoyed by Rowan's friends being already potty trained or in the process of, we decided to join the masses. My greatest inhibitor to this milestone was the carpet. How in the world do you potty train a kid without having your house smell and your carpet stained? Taking a cue from our backyard, we used the remaining plastic from that project and put it down on our living room floor. If I had my way the whole house would be wrapped in Saran wrap for this learning process. I guess I could become one of those old ladies who has plastic covers on their furniture and lamps. Rowan likes it because it makes the living room floor the consistency of a slip and slide except without the liquid....hopefully. Anyways, we'll see how this goes. :)

3 comments:

Jackie said...

hey good luck with it! My boy was doing well for a bit and then came to a crashing halt with his potty training... oh well. There is still time. He looks excited about it though so that is a good sign.

Katie said...

Great idea! And I can so see you in 50 years with plastic covering your furniture you bought 50 years prior. ;)

Crys said...

OK so I'll admit that I was scanning and looking at the picture when the words slip and slide hit me and I thought, "OH GROSS!" Then of course I read on and realized that it was a dry slip n' slide but you really had me worried there for a second :) I can't remember what we did with Ezra I know he must have peed a couple of times on the floor. Grace has gotten me a couple of times as well. My personally favorites are when she is screaming in the morning and throws herself off the potty and then pees on herself. It has happened twice and both times I had to laugh when she started screaming even harder. "Hello baby girl. It is your fault you are covered in pee" :)