Sunday, August 10, 2008

Lions, Tigers and Kittens....Oh My!

My mom and I headed out to a local pick-your-own-produce farm the other day. I guess it extends beyond just picking apples as there are animals there to pet and lots of stuff for the kiddies to enjoy. I thought Rowan might enjoy the morning there, so we went early when the weather was going to be bearable and we'd possibly be able to enjoy the place to ourselves. As we first approached the animal section, four beautiful little kittens ran up to us, obviously hoping we were going to bring some breakfast. Apparently this little stampede of furry hairballs was too much for Rowan- he freaked out. I've never seen a kid so scared of little kitties before, it's making me rethink sending him to boot camp. This really isn't going to score him any points on the playground. Then when we went to feed the goats, they were literally trampling over each other to get to our feed. A pair even started butting heads which didn't rub him the right way either. So I guess the moral of the story is if you have an overly sensitive boy, don't go to petting farms before the animals' breakfast. It's a scary place.

See video #11


No comments: