It was unbelievable to me that so many weren't in the office or refused to take us in until Monday. Meanwhile Nadia refused to eat or drink and was clearly in pain. Finally a dentist's whose 1pm appointment had projectile vomiting let us come in. I was supposed to pick up my father-in-law at 1pm, but I didn't want Nadia to be in pain any longer than necessary, so my blessed friend Jessica picked him up while I raced off to the dentist. It took 3 of us to hold Nadia down while the dentist took the shattered tooth out and she still managed to give me a good kick every now and then. Poor thing! When all was said and done, we headed back to Jessica's to get Rowan and Grandpa and go back home. Unfortunately, I didn't bring reverse directions for the way back and got lost, adding another 30+ minutes to our travel time. Meanwhile Nadia was crying all the way saying "Mommy, owie!". Cue the mental breakdown. Again my friend saved me by calling and talking me through it and helping me find the street I needed. What a day!
Hill Billy Baby
The Back- you can see how it spilt all the way up
The front- a shattered mess
I was amazed how big the root is!
Our luck continued into the weekend when a football game and bad weather interfered with every activity we had planned to do with Grandpa. Reindeer farm? Too wet. Bowling? Too busy. Several not-to-be-missed restaurants? At least an hour wait. We still are so grateful for his short visit and the effort he made to come see us. The kids still got plenty of fun time with Grandpa and were clearly sad to have him go. Hopefully it won't be such a disaster next time!
Some of the good times...
I think Grandpa is in the midst of playing three different games with the kids here. Throwing ball, pillow fights, and tickling. Quite the multi-tasker!
2 comments:
Yeah - Ouchie! Jackson chipped his front side tooth when he was 16 months old ... makes for great school pictures.
I am still so sorry! But I am so glad to see her smiling and laughing! :)
Post a Comment