Mom was looking for some R&R this summer too since she'd been helping my sister out while they tried to get their house built in Utah. So we started off our mini vacation in Charleston at a resort on the coast. The resort was right off the Ravenel Bridge and the USS Yorktown.
You can tell the kids are eagerly anticipating Grandma's arrival. The cell phone lot at the airport has never seen such awesome dance moves.
I realize this song is also being played on the previous post. I swear we do listen to music beyond Earth, Wind and Fire.
Where there's Grandma, there's sugar.
The resort we stayed at was also a marina with a private beach. Overall we enjoyed our stay, but I think next time we'll aim for a room near the factory stores. They have the best outlet stores I have ever been to in Charleston.
Walking around before heading to the pool.
The next day we went to the beach. It was perfect with the exception of me thinking tanning lotion would be sufficient sun coverage for my albino white skin.
My mother has threatened me with certain death if I post any pictures of her in her bathing suit, so here's a bunch of pictures of the kids on the beach.
The resort we stayed at had some little activities for the kids to do, which turned out to be really nice when Nadia needed to take a nap.
Craft time- painting sandal photo frames
A cute treasure hunt that had clues all over the resort.
Everyday there was a nice little treat by the pool- cotton candy, root beer floats, and shaved ice.
That night we enjoyed fresh seafood at a quaint little restaurant. I have craved crab legs every day since. Rowan was disgusted, but we thought it was delicious!
We returned to the beach the next day. I had to cover up my lobster skin.
Nadia's swimsuit retained sand for some strange reason. It didn't look good.
Nadia went on the treasure hunt next day while Grandma rested in our room. Rowan was only too happy to show her the ropes.
Later we went to Craft time.
And then endorsed our free Shirley Temples and Blue Smurfs from our treasure hunt at the resort restaurant.
As you can see, they were a welcome treat on a hot day.
We wanted to take the trolley downtown on day, but missed it because we got snow cones. So we went to the beach instead to pick seashells. Luckily mom had me keep the bucket in the bathtub. At night we heard a bit of a ruckus when some stowaways decided to try and get out of Dodge.
Grandma's iPhone was a hit!
Charleston is beautiful and I'm already excited to plan our next trip. Feel free to use us as a pitstop/hotel if you want to check it out yourself.
3 comments:
Wow now I want a southern vacation!
Looks like a lot of fun. I would like to go to Charleston someday. Rachel, I love your swimmimg suit. Where did you get it?
Brittany- it's from Target. The top is converse http://www.target.com/p/Converse-174-One-Star-174-Women-s-Twist-Exploding-Star-Stripe-Tankini-Black-Cream/-/A-13442276 except mine is blue and black and the bottoms are mossimo. The bottoms are shorts with the bikini bottom insert. I LOVE them.
Post a Comment