Nadia had an Easter egg hunt at her preschool. Thankfully she shared her haul yet again with Rowan who isn't allowed candy or treats at his school.
Elsa didn't get to eat the Easter egg candy. Poor thing.
Easter morning came and went. I made the mistake of waiting till Easter Sunday to give the kids their baskets which included new Nintendo DS games. We don't play video games on Sunday, so the kids had to be patient and wait a whole day to try them out. I was amazed at how patient and okay they were about that.
Elsa got a little chocolate bunny too, but didn't seem that interested in it.
Spring break started and I was actually excited to have the kids at home with no where to go. That feeling quickly went away after a long Monday of fights and disrespectful attitudes. So we had an intervention and laid down some ground rules. In order to do fun things over the break, there had to be no fights, no talking back, and sharing. Then the kids got to pick out several fun things that we would get to do. It worked wonderfully and we had such a good time even if we didn't go on a fancy vacation. There were playdates almost every day, park outings, an actual adults only date with several couples in the ward at a local Mexican restaurant, yummy food, and just good times overall.
One of the things we did was have dinner a la campfire. S'mores and hot dogs! I took the opportunity to go through all of our files and provide plenty of paper to burn.
While the fire was happening and I wasn't able to watch her, Elsa had to be an indoor spectator.
She was obviously much happier when she was able to be outside with the big kids.
Another fun thing we did was go to Monkey Joe's. We hadn't been back since we first went there while looking for a place to rent in SC. The kids were drenched in sweat by the time we left.
Elsa's always making friend with random people. She's the anomaly in the family. She and this kid were tight!
And last, but not least, General Conference. I tried making it more fun this year, with little results. I printed off cutesy packets with games, we did Bingo for Easter treats, we played games while listening and we brought out the tent and sleeping bags. General Conference is just not kid friendly. Nadia later told us- "That was the worst movie ever!"
Now you see them...
No comments:
Post a Comment