Sunday, April 7, 2013

Valentine's Day

The trouble with waiting forever to update your blog is that you forget details of what has actually gone on for the past 2 months.  So much is happening in our little family!  Hopefully I can catch up with some of the latest and greatest.

Valentine's Day centered mostly around the kids and their parties.  I can't remember the last time Steve and I actually went out on a date on V Day.  Sad, but true.  Nadia probably had the most fun this year.  Rowan's school has implemented a "no treat" rule district wide.  Essentially, sugar is the devil and so nothing can be celebrated.  I'm curious if these measures actually have any effect on childhood obesity.  Anyways, Nadia got plenty at a church and preschool party and was kind enough to share with Rowan.

Nadia and I saw these metallic silver leggings on clearance at Target.  She loves them and I secretly do too although I'm pretty sure they are a "fashion don't."  They get a free pass for Valentine's Day though.

Nadia had her first missionary moment and brought her preschool friend, Kaitlyn, to our church party.  The crown accessory was at her insistence.  


Kaitlyn is Nadia's best friend and I'm so grateful for their friendship.  When we were struggling to get Nadia to talk at preschool, I had Nadia's teacher give me a list of girls from school she thought would be up for playdates at our home to help her build relationships in a place where she felt comfortable.  Kaitlyn was not on that list, but Nadia kept telling me about her when I asked her who she wanted to play with at home.  I got her info from the teacher and added her to the people to contact.  Her mother was the only one who answered my plea for playdates- none of the names that the teacher gave me worked out.  Nadia and Kaitlyn are two peas in a pod.  We've had her over once a week for the past few months and it's been so special for me to see their friendship grow.  When Nadia got a lot of candy from Kaitlyn at Valentine's, Nadia told me it was "because she loves me the bestest."
As an update, Nadia is now speaking in preschool!!  She still needs her time to warm up, but will now use sentences in a quiet voice and will interact with the other children.  I believe this is due to Nadia's friendship with Kaitlyn and also help that I have received from a friend in the ward who is studying to become a behavioral therapist.  She has done mini-sessions with Nadia at her home, at church, and at her preschool and Nadia has blossomed with her help.  I am so grateful for "Miss Kelly's" help and the progress we've seen this year.

1 comment:

Jessica Bybee said...

Great updates! Go Nadia!!!! Jealous of the children's museum-- looks fun! Tell Rowan we had Snow!And now I feel pressure to update my blog!