I am SO glad that Elsa has started preschool. Not just because I get time to myself while Sage is napping at home, but she desperately needed the interaction outside of the home. Last year was hard for her with staying at home while her two buddies left her everyday. Not to mention me being busy trying to adjust to a newborn at home. She has been talking about going to preschool all summer ever since we mentioned it to her. There was a backpack that came in some Pullups we bought and she has been carrying it around talking about how she is going to wear it to preschool. Preschool, preschool, preschool. It's the best.
I had initially signed Elsa up to go to Timpview High's preschool program (Rowan had done something similar in Illinois), but it seems to be a really unorganized program and I never heard back about whether she was guaranteed a spot or not. Then I got a flyer in the mail advertising a musical program called Raya Grace preschool that only admits 8 students per class and they were flexible with potty training. I had heard good things from others about the program, so I called them up and they had exactly one slot left for a girl. We weren't sure if Elsa would be 100% potty trained by September and it seemed like a great fit otherwise, so we snatched up the slot.
The first two days were hard. She cried as she does with transitioning to new activities or locations, but she did a 180 on the third day and is doing great now. She is smiling and happy when I pick her up and the teacher has been great with her emotional moments.
Her free Pullups backpack. Nadia wanted in on the picture taking action.
Sometimes we walk in the morning. The second day walking all the kids to school, I blew a flat and had to haul Sage up the hill in blinding hot sun. I haven't walked since. Hopefully we'll fix the stroller soon and I'll get back to exercising.
These are some pictures of the inside of the school on their open house day. They have a room of these keyboards where they learn to mimic their teacher who is on the piano in the corner. It's pretty awesome.
Both girls have these kitty ear headbands. They are kind of obsessed about them. Elsa also loves the playground and talks about the slide a lot.
I am so grateful we seemed to have stumbled onto a good situation for Elsa. Without many exceptions, when Elsa is happy, everyone is happy.
And when Sage is left with only the cat to play with, the house falls apart.
No comments:
Post a Comment