Friday, August 21, 2015

The New Cook in Town

I think I'm in need of a vacation.  It took me two weeks to figure out Rowan's homework schedule for fourth grade.  I kept signing things wrong and submitting the wrong homework.  Then I got frustrated at his teacher and myself when Rowan ended up getting punished for it.   My house is in a constant state of disarray.  Going anywhere is a massive chore with the minions in tow.  Everything just feels HARD.  Making dinner sometimes is enough to drive me over the edge.  Thankfully Steve has been picking up slack where he can (it's a losing battle no matter what you do) and has gotten into cooking a lot more.  Most of his culinary efforts have been performed on the grill and he has gotten really good at quite a few dishes.  Unfortunately, a month ago our grill we adopted from our neighbor who put it out on the side of the road, bit the dust.  It served us well for someone's castoffs, but it was now time to get something that could support Steve's new interests.

Enter Steve's parents who generously gave us an early Christmas present.  We opted for a Weber and ended up getting some specialty stainless steel grates from some guy on ebay.  Steve has already made some delicious dinners on there.  He even baked rolls on the grill one day.  I'm a lucky woman.



No comments: