Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Bipolar Weather

Yesterday was a beautiful day, so we decided to go to the pool. After sunscreen application, swimsuits, snack checks, sanity checks, and other essential preparations we headed off. Upon finding the door to the pool still bolted shut, we grumbled various things about our MIA lifeguard. Steven decided to "break in" since we were able to gain access through another door, so being the disgruntled pool goers we were, we went in. After all the pool was supposed to be open and we were in a section that wasn't going to be attended by a lifeguard anyways....right? Our rationalizations didn't go far. The water was freezing and I felt a little out in the open about our obvious B&E, especially since there was a group of women doing their new-age exercises nearby. I think I felt more embarrassed for them though. So we left. I later went to the office to give them a piece of my mind about the pool and our leaking fridge that they've "fixed" four times, only to discover that the pool opens a hour later than I thought. Oops. We still had a good time though. We filled up our boat pool in the backyard (it's nice when you can control the temperature of the water) and the kids had a blast.




Today is completely opposite. The roads and sidewalks are rivers- even the speed bumps are disappearing. Rowan insisted on getting out, but sadly even his rubber boots were no match for the floods we encountered. His pants were completely soaked. I had plans for kabobs on the grill tonight... I wonder if you can bake them. I'm tired of spring.

6 comments:

Jackie said...

Oh no! This is pretty funny. Didn't take you for the rebellious type :) We went to the pool in the afternoon and it was wonderful, at least the kiddie pool was. We were going to go again today but since it rained so much our urges to get wet again were washed away... Looks fun in the backyard though!

Anonymous said...

You can try broiling your kebobs. I broiled some small steaks once, about 7 minutes for each side - and that was well done.

Aislin said...

I actually have a green belt in tai chi (afor mentioned new age exercise--except that it is actually an old age exercise, on multiple levels). It does look funny until you hit a certain level. And then it probably still looks funny. But I do have a staff in my closet... Can you see those ladies doing weapons drills?

Bleen said...

I don't think it was the exercise that was so strange- although the invisible tug of war was a little odd. Mostly it was the location. I can't see myself doing "buns of steel" outside without asking someone to put me out of my misery. Some things are just better done in private.

Katie said...

Yeah - I'm ready for summer, too! I have the heater running today ... it's June - for crying out loud!

vesta said...

wow, rowan is a big boy, rach! he puts my payton to shame.