Thursday, June 19, 2008

Too Much Information



Today I was getting us ready to go to a park with a water feature, so I put Rowan in in swimsuit and swim diaper thinking "There's only an hour before we have to go. I don't want to have to replace another diaper when we leave." Swim diapers seem to have this controversy behind them- "Are they effective? What's the point really?" I guess I have this naive consumer faith that products do what they claim to do, especially when they are expensive, which in my opinion swim diapers are. Not 30 minutes after putting Rowan in his new Nemo diaper I hear a squeal "I'm leaking, I'm LEAKING." Sure enough, Nemo was swimming and so was my carpet. Oh Huggies, you've failed me. So now I know that swim diapers have one function: To keep the number 2 in. I guess it would be difficult to create a diaper so airtight that it can keep liquids separate, but then I have to wonder "Why bother?" I can never look at the kiddie pool in the same way. Now it's just a cesspool of little kids' pee.

3 comments:

vesta said...

you haven't lived until you have peed in a pool, thank goodness for chlorine....

Katie said...

Oh heavens. I had the same thought this week when we went to the pool! I tried not to let it ruin my experience ...

I put my kids in the swim diaper and then use a diaper cover (like they use for cloth diapers) over it. Now if everyone else would do that, too, I think there would be a lot less pee in the pool!

Jackie said...

And on top of it all, why do they get a kick out of drinking pool water too? Arrrggghhh. It will take a lot of mind power to control the urge to run away next time I go to the pool... you're right, too much information :)