Monday, June 16, 2008

To Infinity and Beyond!

Setting: Daddy and Rowan drinking water

Rowan: What is this daddy?
Daddy: It's water.
Rowan: What kind of water?
Daddy: The kind that you drink.
Rowan: What kind of water that you drink?

Setting: Mommy and Rowan reading a book

Rowan: What is that mommy?
Mommy: It looks like a horse.
Rowan: What kind of horse?
Mommy: It's a brown horse.
Rowan: What kind of brown horse?
Mommy: It's a nice, brown horse.
Rowan: What kind of nice, brown horse?


Anyone else sensing a pattern? This constitutes a large majority of our conversations throughout the day. It would be pretty maddening if the kid wasn't so cute.

2 comments:

Katie said...

Oh my gosh - I know what you are talking about. "What's that?" has become my least favorite phrase of all time.

The Walch Family said...

It's amazing how being a parent can extend the limits of your patience. I don't get to have those kinds of conversations yet, but I'm still much more patient than I was 10 months ago!