Tuesday, June 22, 2010

These are a few of our favorite things

ME

American Pickers- the only show on the History Channel that doesn't put me to sleep


I love this show and chances are if you garage sale or bargain hunt, you will too! You can watch online episodes at history.com. A few weeks back I decided to resell some of the things I buy at garage sales to fund future excursions. Let's just say if I had a garage, I'd be making a lot of money. It's easy, fun, and helps me to buy a lot of things at no cost. Anyways, these guys have my dream job, except I'm not willing to go door to door looking for stuff. Especially when you encounter a gun to your face.

STEVE

Koolaid Slushies


This was our dessert on Sunday. Steve saw a recipe on the Koolaid jar for making Koolaid slushies and I've been craving them everyday since. Next time we are going to do a cherry limeade one. Less calories than a milkshake with all the satisfaction of a cool, sweet drink on a hot day. Don't you love my pilsner glasses I recently bought at a garage sale? I didn't know they were beer glasses until Steve enlightened me, but they are so pretty! The cheapo glass set I bought at Walmart a year ago didn't make it that long, so I was looking for a higher quality replacement. I'll claim them as root beer glasses.

ROWAN

Swim lessons. He LOVES them. I think he either has a bit of a crush on his swim instructor or she reminds him of his Aunt Chandra (similar interaction styles). Regardless, this kid loves the pool.



NADIA

Wagon Races! One of the things I've been reselling is wagons. This one I passed along to a friend that was looking for one, but before we did so we had a wagon race with friends. She thought it was hilarious and loves watching this clip over and over again.

No comments: