Last week we went with our new playgroup to a different beach that was more decidedly public, but I felt well assured that my car would be there when I came back for it. I missed the private location of the other place, but it was still very nice and entertaining for the kids. What is it about water and sand that can keep children occupied for HOURS? It's really incredible.
A few days later, we met up with the group again and went blueberry picking at Southern Blues Berry Farm. It was a perfect day for it and the location could not have been more quaint and sweet.
It was the first day the place opened for picking and the bushes were FULL of beautiful berries. Rowan keeps asking to go back again and I have to agree with him. They were delicious!
Either Nadia is trying to tell me she is hot in this picture or that she doesn't appreciate being forced into child labor.
This is about 1/3 of our group.

After we were done, we enjoyed some delicious shaved ice. They also had homemade blueberry popsicles there, but I was warned that those stains would never come out.
Today we went with the group to a dollar movie showing of Kung Fu Panda. Nadia was even free so we got in a nice air conditioned theater for only $2 and enjoyed some ninja action. I'd actually never seen it, but Rowan had at a friend's house. He apparently liked enough to remember all the funny parts and give me a heads up when they were coming.
I never did Internet dating (although I know of quite a few success stories), but I have to say I'm kind of a fan of Internet playgroups.
3 comments:
sooo jealous of you right now, Rach! I am so glad you are starting to get settled in your new area and who knows, you might get some to do some missionary work at your new playgroup.
Yay!! That sounds like an awesome group! I bet it makes such a difference to have things to do. Maybe I'll have to see if they have it in Bowling Green. Your library looks awesome and that's so great that you have a temple so close by.
Does this site work for single people?
Post a Comment