Saturday, October 26, 2013

Back to School

We have been very blessed to have our kids in schools they love this year.  Nadia has started at BYU preschool and I really can't say enough good things about.  Her teacher, Miss Dorie, constantly impresses me and the progress that Nadia has shown is astronomical.  She is talking to everyone and shows no signs of selective mutism at all!!  I cry almost every time I get an update on her.  It didn't start that way, but the teachers have been fantastic with her and really helped her along.  The moment I mentioned that Nadia struggles with selective mutism, Miss Dorie said "Oh, we've dealt with that before."  It was such a relief in comparison to her previous school where I was giving them materials and ideas as to what we should do.  I was concerned with the move that she would regress a bit, but she has just leaped over any expectations I might have hoped for.  My jaw drops every time she answers a question from a stranger.  Words cannot express how happy I am that my sweet little girl is letting her light shine away.

Nadia's building is right next to Steve's work, so he can take her in the morning and should there be any problems, he can be right there in no time.

Part of the classroom has this 2nd story playhouse.



They have this awesome bike track that circles the playground.  Nadia has improved a great deal with her biking skills because of this.
Elsa was quite interested with the concept as well.  But ultimately the hanging pots won her over.  I feel sorry for the professors who have offices near this section of campus.  It's got to get loud!

Nadia's actual first day of preschool picture.  The previous pictures are just from the orientation and meet and greet.



First day of second grade for my other little lovely.  Grandma Luke gave them treat baskets to celebrate.
 Someone else also seems to favor the color red.  I think he wore this shirt last year for the first day of school too.


Sidewalks!  Mountains!  I can't say it enough!  We were walking/scootering to and from school for the first month or so, until Rowan started hitching a ride with his friend Austin.  I miss that walk in the morning with him sometimes.


Elsa probably misses it too, although it's getting too chilly in the morning.  Maybe we'll start up again in the spring.
He came home from the first day and said it was AWESOME.  Then he proceeded to tell me how he already has 2 new best friends Alex and Austin, whom he still is besties with today.  I'm grateful that he transitions easily and has a gift for making friends.



I love my kids!!!  I'm so grateful for the progress they are making and for good teachers and schools who help them along the way.

No comments: