I really fell in love with my ward when I heard that they were holding a Daddy-Daughter campout. I'm not a feminist by any means, but it always struck me as unfair when they had all these fun campouts with the boys and the girls were stuck at home. Nadia was over the moon thrilled that she got to have this time with Steve. Rowan was less thrilled to be stuck at home with me, but I mentioned going out for ice cream and suddenly he wasn't so disappointed to not be camping.
Prior to going out for ice cream, Rowan got the hammer out to get cracking on some walnuts. We have two huge walnut trees on our lot and they are chock full of walnuts. I didn't get serious about harvesting them, but maybe we will next fall.
Nadia apparently was the picture taker while on the campout. There were some pretty interesting shots of a hole in the ground and various berries on the camera. :)
If you are thinking this doesn't look like a very rustic campsite, you would be right. I forget why, but they ended up camping on the stake park field, which is in town this year. It might have had something to do with dads wanting to pack up and get home quickly before the game started the next day. Probably not though. Regardless, Nadia had a fantastic time getting s'mores and having Daddy read her all the books she trudged along with her.
The next day was Rowan's turn for Daddy time. Steve scored some highly sought after tickets to the BYU-USU game from a coworker who wasn't going to use them, so he took Rowan. Rowan was SOOO excited to go. The day was a countdown until the evening when they would leave. The Cougars lost and Rowan was pretty disappointed, but I'm sure it was a night to remember for him. They walked/scootered to the stadium and walked back at around midnight. Quite the night for our little guy.
Elsa was the one who got gipped that weekend, but she didn't seem to care either way.
No comments:
Post a Comment